Letting some of it trickle out while trying to soak it all in

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Number two is here"

I just got a call from Rachel.

"Number two is here."
"What should we do?" I asked, breathless and immediately in a cold sweat.
"Well do you still have the traps out?"
"What are you talking about?"
"I said, vole number two is here."
"Oh." I bowed my head and sunk back into my chair. "You've got to be more careful about that phrase 'number two'!"
"Well I was going number two and saw him run by the laundry basket. He looked like a little turd too, same dimensions, shape and everything." She obviously didn't grasp the intensity of the huge adrenaline rush she'd just caused me.
I chuckled and thought to myself, It can all change in a second when you're waiting for a baby.

9 comments:

  1. It can all change in a second when you're waiting for that poop

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/22/2708551/waiting-for-the-pope.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is anyone waiting for the Pope? Is that what your naming number two? BABY number two. Not turd or pop. "this is our baby, Pope" it might get confusing if you ever meet the actual Pope. "this is our baby, Pope, Pope."

    What's a vole?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me Google that for you Holly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vole

    The pope came to Fairbanks once with President Reagan, just to hang out I guess (http://tented.blogspot.com/2010/10/pope-john-paul-ii-visits-white-house.html) so maybe we should think twice about the name choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry--I still like that one. :)

    Come on #2, we're all waiting for you! (That's my pop cheer!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog. I bet Ingrid is going to be an awesome big sis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Angie, Harry is a winner (have you ever known a Harry that you didn't like?).

    I also agree Brit that Ingrid is going to be a great big sister. Whenever we talk about her taking care of the baby she gets a serious and far-off look on her face like she's steeling her inner resolve to do better and move forward (the Stephen Covey face).

    ReplyDelete