Letting some of it trickle out while trying to soak it all in

Friday, December 16, 2011

Currivulum Vitae

This morning I opened up my C.V. to update a few things and correct a misplaced comma. By chance I scrolled to the top of the page and noticed the first word on the document was "Currivulum." 
"That's weird, I thought C.V. stood for Curriculum Vitae, Latin for 'the course of one's life'." A quick Google search revealed that I was right, which meant that I was wrong (and had been for a long time). I quickly opened several old C.V.s and, sure enough, since 2007, I've been sending out my Currivulum Vitae. At least it makes me less self conscious about the comma.

3 comments:

  1. Ben, a good story. I recently emailed David Light that everyone in his section is listed as having a Curriculum Vita, which completely misses the genitive "of."

    Latin can save one from any number of embarrassing situations.

    French too. Not to mention German.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta be careful with that genitive of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's funny. your a humble man for admitting...like the blog cousin.

    ReplyDelete